The music garden
Night's syringe shoots a little dose of darkness around our bed
Carved by music the garden's contours are returning
A gasping corolla bursts into colour
Yang Lian
Carved by music the garden's contours are returning
A gasping corolla bursts into colour
Yang Lian
Libellés : Yang Lian


2 Comments:
This is absolutely gorgeous. He writes in English, then? Imagine being able to express yourself so well in a second language. These pieces express perfectly how marvellous it is when light comes back to earth just before dawn, or after a dark winter.
Merci Anne ! I'm so glad you like it too... in fact I just heard the translation of this little gem on the BBC, and had to concentrate and pause to make sure my transcription was verbatim. When I heard it, it was such a poetic emotional shock...that I did not listen much more to the rest of the programme afterwards. The Chinese poet said he considered that translations of his poems can enrich them. He sees the translation process as a collaboration between the poet, the translator, and another British poet.
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home